Chocolate Maca Mousse & Raspberry Lime Parfait with Vanilla Coconut Cream
Chocolate Maca mousse:
1 large ripe avocado
¼ cup cacao powder
¼ cup pure maple syrup or raw organic local honey if not vegan
¼ cup canned coconut cream
1 tsp. vanilla extract OR ½ vanilla bean
Pinch of sea salt
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
2 tsp. of Maca powder
Raspberry Lime Chia Jam:
2 Cups Raspberries, fresh or frozen
Juice of 1 lime
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
1 tsp. Aged Raspberry balsamic vinegar (optional)
2 Tbsp. Maple syrup
3 Tbsp. Chia seeds
Vanilla Coconut Cream:
1 can coconut cream, full fat (without guar gum* in the ingredients)
1-2 Tbsp maple syrup, to taste
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Maca Mousse:
1. Prepare the Chocolate Maca Mousse by adding all the mousse ingredients into a blender and puree until well blended and smooth.
2. Put mousse ingredients in a covered mixing bowl and refrigerate for about an hour or until completely chilled.
Raspberry Lime Chi Jam:
1. Combine all jam ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring occasionally.
2. Bring jam to a boil and stir constantly until the mixture starts to thicken.
3. Remove from heat and let jam mixture stand until it's cool enough to transfer into small Mason jam jars.
4. Chill in fridge until set and ready to use.
This jam will keep well in the fridge for up to 10 days
Vanilla Coconut Cream
1. Place the unopened can of coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
2. After cooling, open the can and scoop out the thick part of the coconut cream and put into mixing bowl. The liquid can be saved for your smoothie or added to sauces and soups.
3. Beat the coconut cream with a beater until thick and fluffy - like whipping cream!
4. Gradually beat in maple syrup and vanilla.
5. Cover and set aside in the fridge until ready to use.
To Make the Parfaits:
1. Using 4 small Mason jam jars, layer the ingredients beginning with the chocolate mousse, then the vanilla coconut cream and finally top off with the raspberry jam.
2. Put the parfaits in the fridge to chill and set for at least 30 minutes or keep in there until ready to serve.
3. Serve with a dollop of vanilla coconut cream if desired.